Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2022 (Buying Guide & Review) explores the three versions of Quicken’s 2022 release of its popular downloadable software.
Unlike past years in this 2022 edition, there are three versions of Quicken WillMaker & Trust to choose from – Starter, Plus, and All Access. The features of these three programs are explored, and you’ll be able to discover which one better fits your needs.
Creating your own documents can save you a lot of money compared to hiring an attorney. However, after completing your documents, you might want to consult with an attorney to ensure everything is complete, compliant with your state, and covers your needs.
Please be aware with both of these versions, estate planning documents are not valid in Louisiana, U.S. Territories, or Canada.
There is a convenient side-by-side chart at the bottom of this post for easy comparison.
Available In Both PC And Mac Download
- 1 GHz Or Higher And Memory Minimum 2GB
- Storage: 54 Mb Available Space
- Windows 8.1/10
- MacOS 10.13 and higher
- Internet Connection – For Technical and Legal Updates
- Software – PDF Viewer
The Starter Option comes with the ability to create three forms:
- Will – Assign such things as:
- State how your estate is handled after death.
- Appoint an executor to carry out your wishes.
- Appoint a guardian(s) for your children.
- State who inherits your property.
- Health Care Directive – Use to:
- Make known your medical care wishes.
- Name someone to carry out your instructions.
- Final Arrangements
- Describe your preferences for burial, cremation, memorials, obituaries, etc.
The Plus Option comes with the ability to create the three forms available in the Starter Option plus the additional forms:
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Appoint a person to make your financial decisions in the event you become incompetent.
- Letter to Survivors
- A place to leave important information for family or caretakers that may be needed in case of death, such as bank accounts, passwords, etc.
- Living Trust
- Appoint someone to manage your assets if you become incapacitated or in the event of death.
- Avoids lengthy and expensive probate for items listed.
The All Access Option comes with the ability to create the six forms available in the Starter and Plus Option. In addition, you get a one-year subscription to Everplans.
- Digital storage vault.
- Easily store and review documents anywhere.
- One-Year Subscription.
|Durable Power of Attorney||✔||✔|
|Letter to Survivors||✔||✔|
Quicken provides an interview process that walks you through the process making it simple and taking the guesswork out of creating your documents.
With Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2022, you can revise and edit your documents as often as you like.
Another great feature is it is intended for family use. This means you can create documents for multiple family members.
With all products, features can change, so be sure the features that attracted you to the product are still the same before purchasing.
For a more in-depth look at these types of legal documents read: 5 Legal Documents Everyone Should Have – Do You?
In reading Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2022 (Buying Guide & Review), you have become better informed before making a purchasing decision.
What has your experience been with creating legal documents either by yourself or with a third party? Please comment below.