Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 – Review explores the features and pros and cons of one of the most popular smartwatches.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is not intended to diagnose a disease or other conditions or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. Users should not interpret or take clinical action based on the device output without consulting a qualified healthcare professional. Any of the health features and health metrics are not intended to replace traditional methods of diagnosis or treatment.
Why You Should Get the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
The features on smartwatches are amazing – so many that weren’t even available a few years back. We’ve all seen or heard of smartwatches such as the apple watch that track activity, allow you to read messages and emails, and listen to music. However, two more recent features have hit the smartwatch market – SOS and Fall Detection. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has these and more.
Are you a walker, hiker, jogger, or runner? Do you, at times, go by yourself? Are you a senior or have parents that you worry might fall or need assistance and won’t be able to notify anyone?
Maybe wearing a medical alert necklace or bracelet doesn’t sit well, yet a smartwatch is something that can be worn and has a more discreet, modern look. Imagine the added comfort of knowing if you or a loved one were to trip/fall or need emergency assistance; it can all be done with a smartwatch.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has some great features at a price point that isn’t too bad. The uses of this watch are many, from a traditional watch for time to health and safety features as well as a fitness tracker.
- Available in 2 Wrist Sizes
- 41 and 45 mm
- Available in 3 Colors
- Available in 2 Finishes
- Watch Faces – 50,000 Plus Available
- Water Resistance
- Available with Bluetooth and/or LTE
- LTE – No Phone Connection Needed
- Bluetooth – Need a Phone Connection for the Internet
- Android/iOS Compatible: Pairs Seamlessly with Android Devices and Select iOS Devices
- Long-Lasting Battery Charge
- Tracks 7 Activities Automatically
Health Metrics – Requires Samsung Health Monitor App
- Checks For Signs Of Irregular Heart Rhythm – Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Rate
- Menstrual Cycle Tracking
- Oxygen Levels SP02
- Sleep Tracking
- Monitors Stress Levels and Has Breathing Exercises
- SOS – Send a message with your location to designated contacts when you are in an emergency situation.
- Trip Detection – notifies emergency contact. Trip detection recognizes falls when engaged in dynamic motion, not when still. Requires network connection to notify the contact in case of emergency. GPS accuracy may be affected by obstructions to satellite signals such as buildings.
- Tracks 7 Activities Automatically
- Step Tracking
- Challenge – Step Leader Board
- Samsung Pay – With Android Only
- Water Resistant with Water Lock Mode up to 50 meters
- Android and some I0s Compatible
- Battery Charge Time – 2 hours
- Battery Life on Single Charge – More Than A Day But Varies With Usage
- Requires Samsung Phone: Galaxy Smartphone with Android 7 Or Later
- Requires Health Monitor App by Samsung
Video: Galaxy Watch 3: Official Unboxing
From tracking steps and sleep to monitoring heart rate and finding out how many calories you’ve burned during workouts -smartwatches are changing how we go about our lives today.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is available in two sizes, 41 mm and 45 mm; this stylish watch is perfect for any occasion and will go from day to night without missing a beat. Choose from three colors — black, blue, and gold — to find the perfect fit for you.
Samsung introduced this watch as one of the first wearable devices to automatically track and record your heart rhythm. An ECG function that checks for signs of irregular heart rhythm is a powerful way to keep track of your overall health.
By monitoring your heart rate and activity levels, SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch 3 provides real-time feedback so you can stay on top of your health and fitness. And with its long battery life, you’ll have all the energy you need to tackle any workout or day full of activities.
Whether you want smart features like GPS tracking or fitness tracker functions like step counting and distance tracking, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is packed with everything you need so that you can live a healthier lifestyle no matter where life takes you.
A couple of points where the Galaxy 3 comes up short is that some of the apps do have a fee, and there are limited apps available.
FAQ for Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Does the Samsung Galaxy Watch3 have a “reminder to move” feature?
Does the Samsung Galaxy Watch3 Have A Camera?
Is The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Water Proof or Water-Resistant?
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is water-resistant up to 50 Meters. It is not Waterproof.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is one of many available smartwatches with many features commonly found on a smartwatch – activity tracking, time, calendar, texting, email, weather, etc. But as was seen in this review, it has so much. more.
But before making your purchase be sure the watch you choose is compatible with your smartphone. Also, check with your carrier to find the price of any additions you need to your plan.
Though the Galaxy Watch 3 is compatible with some IOs devices, be aware that it may not have all the features available that are described above.
[lasso box=”B089DPMDNM” template=”table” link_id=”1981″ ref=”samsung-galaxy-watch-3-41mm-gps-bluetooth-smart-watch-with-advanced-health-monitoring-fitness-tracking-and-long-lasting-battery-mystic-silver-us-version” id=”16301″]
So this concludes the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 – Review. With all products, features can change, so be sure the qualities that attract you to the product are still the same before purchasing.
What experience do you have with smartwatches? Please comment below.