Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 – Review explores the features and pros and cons of one of the most popular smartwatches.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is not intended to diagnose a disease or other conditions or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. Users should not interpret or take clinical action based on the device output without consulting a qualified healthcare professional. Any health metrics are not intended to replace traditional methods of diagnosis or treatment.
Why You Should Get the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
The features on smartwatches are amazing – so many that weren’t even available a few years back. We’ve all seen or heard of smartwatches that track activity, allow you to read messages, emails and listen to music. However, two more recent features have hit the smartwatch market – SOS and Fall Detection. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has these and more.
Are you a walker, hiker, jogger, or runner? Do you, at times, go by yourself? Are you a senior or have parents that you worry might fall or need assistance and won’t be able to notify anyone?
Maybe wearing a medical alert necklace or bracelet doesn’t sit well, yet a smartwatch is something that can be worn and has a more discreet, modern look. Imagine the added comfort of knowing if you or a loved one were to trip/fall or need emergency assistance; it can all be done with a smartwatch.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has some great features at a price point that isn’t too bad. The uses of this watch are many, from regular timekeeping to fitness, health, and safety.
- Available in 2 Wrist Sizes
- 41 and 45 mm
- Available in 3 Colors
- Available in 2 Finishes
- 50,000 Plus Watch Faces
- Water Resistance
- Available with Bluetooth and/or LTE
- LTE – No Phone Connection Needed
- Bluetooth – Need a Phone Connection for Internet
- Android/iOS Compatible: Pairs Seamlessly with Android Devices and Select iOS Devices
- Long-Lasting Battery Charge
- Tracks 7 Activities Automatically
Health Metrics – Requires Samsung Health Monitor App
- Checks For Signs Of Irregular Heart Rhythm – Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Rate
- Menstrual Cycle Tracking
- Oxygen Levels SP02
- Sleep Tracking
- Monitors Stress Levels and Has Breathing Exercises
- SOS – Send a message with your location to designated contacts when you are in an emergency situation.
- Trip Detection – notifies emergency contact. Trip detection recognizes falls when engaged in dynamic motion, not when still. Requires network connection to notify an emergency contact. GPS accuracy may be affected by obstructions to satellite signals such as buildings.
- Tracks 7 Activities Automatically
- Step Tracking
- Challenge – Step Leader Board
- Samsung Pay – With Android Only
- Water Resistant with Water Lock Mode up to 50 meters
- Android and some I0s Compatible
- Battery Charge Time – 2 hours
- Battery Life on Single Charge – More Than A Day But Varies With Usage
- Requires Samsung Galaxy Smartphone with Android 7 Or Later
- Requires Samsung Health Monitor App
- Cellular and BlueTooth Versions Available
- Compatible with Android and Some IOS
- Trip Detection
- Samsung Smartwatch 3 AND a Samsung Galaxy Phone Required For Some Features
- Some Features Do Not Work With iPhone
- Some Apps Cost
- Limited Apps
FAQ for Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Does this watch have a “reminder to move” feature?
- Answer – Yes
Does this Watch Have A Camera?
- Answer – No
Is this Watch Water Proof or Water-Resistant?
- Answer – The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is water-resistant up to 50 Meters. It is not Waterproof.
To see a comparison of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and the Apple Series 6 Smartwatch read the post below:
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is one of many available smartwatches that has many of the features commonly found on a smartwatch – activity tracking – time – calendar – texting – email weather, etc. But as was seen in this review it has so much much. more.
But Before making your purchase be sure the watch you choose is compatible with your smartphone. Also, check with your carrier to find the price of any additions you need to your plan.
Though the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is compatible with some IOs devices, be aware that it may not have all the features available that are described above.
So this concludes the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 – Review. With all products, features can change, so be sure the qualities that attract you to the product are still the same before purchasing.
What experience do you have with smartwatches? Please comment below.