InSamsung Galaxy 3 v Apple Series 6 Smartwatch 2021 Comparison, you will explore the features and pros and cons of both the Galaxy 3 and Apple Series 6 Smartwatch. Think of the uses that these features bring.
Are you a walker, hiker, jogger, or runner? Do you, at times, go by yourself? Are you a senior or have parents that you worry might fall or need assistance and won’t be able to notify anyone?
Maybe wearing a medical alert necklace or bracelet doesn’t sit well, yet a smartwatch is something that can be worn and has a more discreet, modern look. Imagine the added comfort of knowing if you or a loved one were to trip/fall or need emergency assistance; it can all be done with a smartwatch.
The features on smartwatches are amazing – so many that weren’t even available a few years back. We’ve all seen or heard of smartwatches that track activity, allow you to read messages, emails and listen to music. However, two more recent features have hit the smartwatch market – SOS and Fall Detection.
Two smartwatches that stand out from the rest with these features are Samsung And Apple. With the information in this post, you’ll be able to make a better, more informed decision on which is the right one for you to purchase.
A Few Items Before We Start
At the bottom of this post, there is a side-by-side comparison chart that visually shows each watch’s features – the Samsung Galaxy 3 and Apple Watch Series 6.
Both companies, Samsung and Apple, issue warnings that their smartwatch is not intended to diagnose a disease or other conditions or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.
Users should not interpret or take clinical action based on the device output without consulting a qualified healthcare professional. Any health metrics are not intended to replace traditional methods of diagnosis or treatment.
- Available in 2 Finishes
- Available In 3 Colors
- 50,000 Plus Watch Faces
- Face Size – 41 and 45 mm
- Available with Bluetooth and/or LTE
- LTE allows you not to have your phone with you
- Cellular Availability – Requires Initial Pairing With Eligible Samsung Device and Qualifying Wireless Plan.
- Wireless Plan – Through Your SmartPhone Provider
- Checks For Signs Of Irregular Heart Rhythm – Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Rate
- Menstrual Cycle Tracking
- Oxygen Levels SP02
- Sleep Tracking
- Monitors Stress Levels and Has Breathing Exercises
- SOS – Send a message with your location to designated contacts when you are in an emergency situation.
- Trip Detection – notifies emergency contact. Trip detection recognizes falls when engaged in dynamic motion, not when still. Requires network connection to notify an emergency contact. GPS accuracy may be affected by obstructions to satellite signals such as buildings.
- Tracks 7 Activities Automatically
- Step Tracking
- Challenge – Step Leader Board
- Samsung Pay – With Android Only
- Sync Devices
- Water Resistant with Water Lock Mode up to 50 meters
- Android and I0s Compatible
- Battery Charge – 2 hours
- Battery Life on Single Charge – More Than A Day But Varies With Usage
- Requires Samsung Galaxy Smartphone with Android 7 Or Later
- Requires Samsung Health Monitor App
- ASIN B089DQ33QW
- Cellular and BlueTooth Versions Available
- Compatible with Android and IOS
- Trip Detection
- Samsung Smartwatch 3 AND a Samsung Galaxy Phone Required For Some Features
- Some Features Do Not Work With iPhone
- Some Apps Cost
- Limited Apps
- Available In A Variety Of Colors And Band Types
- Face Size – 40mm And 44 Mm
- Cellular Available
- Measure Blood Oxygen Levels
- Check Your Heart Rhythm With The Ecg App
- High And Low Heart Rate Notifications
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Notification
- Menstrual Cycle Tracking
- Noise Monitoring
- Sleep Tracking
- Emergency International Calling
- Fall Detection
- Hand Washing Timer
- Track Your Daily Activity
- See Your Activity Trends In The Fitness App On iPhone
- Measure Workouts Like Running, Walking, Cycling, Yoga, Swimming, And Dance
- Apple Pay
- Sync Music, Podcasts, And Audiobooks
- Water-resistant – up to 50 meters
- Always-on Retina Display
- Battery Life Up To 18 Hours
- Charge Time 90 Minutes
- Requires An iPhone 6s Or Later With IOs 14 Or Later
- 5ghz Wi-fi And U1 Ultra Wideband Chip
- Asin – B08J628R4C
- Cellular Connectivity
- Heart Rhythm With Ecg App
- Measure Your Blood Oxygen
- Fall Detection
- Compatible With iPhone Only, Not Android
- Not FDA Cleared
- Sleep Tracking Limited Function
The Samsung Galaxy 3 and Apple’s Series 6 are two of the few available smartwatches with the trip detection feature. However, they both come with the features commonly found on a smartwatch – activity tracking – time – calendar – texting – email weather, etc. Before making your purchase be sure the watch you choose is compatible with your smartphone. Also, check with your carrier to find the price of any additions you need to your plan.
Though the Samsung Galaxy 3 is compatible with IOs, be aware that it will not have all the features available that are described above. The additional safety features found on the Apple Smartwatch – Hand Washing Timer and Emergency International Calling may be something you can do without. Likewise, if receiving high and low heart rate notifications aren’t important to you, then again, the Samsung Galaxy 6 might be the way to go.
The Apple Series 6 does come with a lot of bells and whistles. One downfall is that it is only compatible with the Apple iPhone. And for all features to be available, you do need the cellular option and an iPhone 6s or later with IOs 14. Features available on the Apple that are not available on the Galaxy include the Emergency International Calling, the handwashing timer, and the high and low heart rate notifications.
If you have an Apple iPhone 6 or higher with the needed carrier compatibility, I would recommend the Apple Series 6 smartwatch. For the price difference and not be guaranteed to be able to use the available features on the Galaxy 3, you’ll be able to get more use from the Apple Series 6.
If you would like more information on the Apple Series 6 smartwatch, I wrote another post that you can read here:
|Samsung Watch Galaxy 3||Apple Watch Series 6|
|Colors/Bands||3 Colors/1 Type Band||Various Colors/Sport Band and Loop|
|Cellular Connectivity Available||Yes||Yes|
|Irregular Heart Beat Notification||Can Record But Doesn’t Notify||Yes|
|Measures Blood Oxygen Levels||Yes||Yes|
|Menstrual Cycle Tracking||Yes||Yes|
|Monitor Stress Levels||Yes||No|
|Sleep Tracking||Yes||Yes- Limited|
|Emergency International Calling||No||Yes|
|Hand Washing Timer||No||Yes|
|Water-Resistant||Yes – Up to 50 Meters|
|Yes – Up to 50 Meters|
|Battery Life – Varies with Use||Up to More Than a Day||Up to 18 Hours|
|Battery Charge Time||120 Minutes||90 Minutes|
|Phone Require||Samsung Galaxy Smartphone with Android 7 Or Later||iPhone 6s Or Later With IOs 14 Or Later|
|IOs Compatible||Yes – Some features will not Work||Yes|
|Family Set Up Available||No||Yes|
|Health App Needed||Yes||Yes|
|Memory||1GB + 8GB|
|Battery||1 lithium-ion battery required |
|1 lithium-ion battery required (included)|
|Price||For Current Price |
|For Current Price|
I hope in reading Samsung Galaxy 3 v Apple Series 6 Smartwatch 2021 Comparison, you have become more informed and have a better understanding of the right watch that fits your needs.
If you’re not sure of the health metrics options available with Smartwatches, you might be interested in reading another post I wrote that will explain them to you – click the button below.
If you have any experience in purchasing or buying either of these watches, please share in the comments.