The Ring Spotlight Cam Review explores the features and the pros and cons of one of the biggest names in home security systems. With the knowledge you gain from reading this post, you will become a more informed consumer. By being a more informed consumer you will be able to use that knowledge in deciding if the Ring Spotlight Cam is the security system for you.
When purchasing your security system, there are some options you’ll want to consider. Do you want it to be wired or wireless, is a spotlight something that interests you, how good is the video. These are just some options I take a look at with the Ring Spotlight Review.
The Ring Spotlight is an outdoor camera, though there are add-ons for indoor security as well.
- 1-3 Cameras
- 2 Colors Available – Black or White
- Ability to See, Hear and Speak to People on Your Property From Your Phone, Tablet or PC
- Accessories Available Including Solar Panel For Continuous Charge
- Available in Wireless or Hard Wired
- Compatible with Alexa
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi Connection @2.4 GHz
- Customizable Zones and Sensitivity
- Powered by a Rechargeable Battery Pack (included)
- 2-way Talk
- Siren Alarm That Can Be Activated From a Phone, Tablet, or PC.
- Weather Resistant (-5 degrees F to 120 degrees F)
- 1080HD Video with Infrared Night Vision
- Assembly Time Estimate is 10-15 Minutes
- Lifetime Theft Protection
- Warranty – 1-year Limited Warranty.
Included in the Box
- Spotlight Cam Battery
- Mounting Base
- Quick -Release Battery Pack
- Installation Tools and Screws
- USB Charging Cable
- User Manual
- Security Sticker
- Solar Panel option at an additional price
- Easy install
- Slow alert time – not immediate some report up to 20-second delays
- Having to pay for a monthly subscription for recorded videos to review at a later time
- Poor connectivity issues have been reported
- Price Point is Higher Than Other Systems
Blink XT2 Security Camera vs Ring Spotlight Security Camera
I wrote a comparison review of the Blink XT2 and the Ring Security Camera to determine which is the best security camera between the two. Go ahead and have a look at the Blink XT2 vs Ring Spotlight post.
The Ring Spotlight Cam overall is a good system. It does have a lot of good features, however, it does have some cons that you will want to consider before purchasing. The Ring Spotlight Cam is easy to install and you should have it up and running in no time.
With all products, features can change, so before purchasing, be sure the features that attracted you to the product are still the same.
Have you had any experience with shopping or purchasing a home security system. I would love to hear about it. Please comment below.