When looking for a trust and will document program, it can become an overwhelming task with all the choices available. In this article, Quicken WillMaker & Trust Basic vs Premium (2021), you’ll explore the features and pros and cons of these two programs and discover which one better fits your needs.
Before purchasing a few questions to ask yourself are; what documents do you want to create? Do you want to download the program, or do you prefer to have a disc that uploads to your computer? Do you want additional ebooks? Is customer service important to you?
By answering these questions and reading this comparison, you will be well on your way to choosing the right program for you -Quicken WillMaker & Trust Basic 2021 or Quicken WillMaker & Trust Premium 2021 by Nolo.
Both the Basic and Premium version guides you through the process from beginning to end, giving you practical and legal information to make the best decisions for you and your family.
These programs allow you to create essential documents, not only wills but other estate planning documents from the comfort of your home.
Creating your own documents can save you a lot of money compared to hiring an attorney. However, after completing your documents, you might want to consult with a legal professional to be sure everything is complete, compliant with your state, and covers your needs.
Estate planning documents are not valid in Canada, Louisiana and US Territories.
Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2021 – Basic
Available In Both PC And Mac Download
- 1 GHz Or Higher And Memory Minimum 2GB
- Storage: 54 Mb Available Space
- Download Size 1.5 Gb
- Windows 8/8.1/10
- macOS Sierra 10.12
Nolo Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2021 is Quicken’s basic WillMaker program. Don’t let basic thought fool you. Being the basic line, it does come with quite a few forms, which might be exactly the program you need depending on your situation.
Includes The Ability To Create The Following Documents
With the new version of Nolo Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2021, Nolo did a fantastic job getting us more documents. Last year there were only a handful of documents, whereas this year, all I can say is WOW. So many more documents that were only available in the premium version are now given in this basic version. Here are a few of them – see the table at the bottom of the post for a more thorough list.
- Living Will
- This legal document gives you the power to decide who gets your assets and who will look after your children if they are ever in need of assistance. These issues are decided by state law without a will.
- Living Trust (Revocable)
- A fast, private, and probate-free method of transferring property after death is offered.
- Health Care Directive
- Lay out your wishes for medical care and name someone to carry out your instructions.
- Durable Power of Attorney – Financial
- If you become sick, it ensures that someone you trust will be there to handle the many daily, monetary tasks that will arise. Bills must be paid, bank deposits made, and insurance and benefits paperwork must be processed.
- Final Arrangements
- Describe your preferences for a funeral or other ceremony, burial, etc
- Letters to Survivors
- Leave detailed explanations for your family members about your choices.
- Documents for Your Executor: Make sure your executor has all the forms necessary to do the job: checklists, letters, notices and claim forms.
- Information for Caregivers and Survivors
- Organize your information so that your survivors don’t have to.
- Contains A Quiz To Help You Decide What Documents You Need.
- An Interview Format That Lets You Complete Documents At Your Own Pace.
- A User-friendly Legal Manual Answers Common Questions.
- Free Legal Updates Through 2021.
- Estate Planning Documents Are Not Valid In Louisiana, U.S. Territories, Or Canada.
- Great Price Point
- Easy To Use
- Good Product For The Price
- Limited ebooks
- No returns or refunds – but this is pretty standard with computer software
For a more in-depth review of the Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2021 click
Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2021 Premium
Now Comes Included With 2022 Software Upgrade
- 1GHzAnd 2GB Hd Memory
- Storage: 54 Mb Available Space
- Windows 8/8.1/10
- Mac Os 10.12
- Internet Connection For Legal And Technical Updates
- It Comes With A CD And Download Keycard (No Digital Delivery)
Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2021 Premium comes with all the documents included with the Basic version. In addition to those documents, there are also 20 of Nolo’s Digital ebooks. If you don’t feel you require the ebooks, then the Basic version would be the one to choose. The ebooks included are:
- 8 Ways to Avoid Probate – 101 Law Forms for Personal Use – Becoming a US Citizen – Credit Repair – Every Californian’s Guide to Estate Planning – Everybody’s Guide to Small Claims Court – Get it Together – Living Together – Long-Term Care – Make Your Own Living Trust – Neighbor Law – Plan Your Estate – Renters Rights – Saving The Family Cottage – Social Security Medicare Government Pensions – Special Needs Trusts – The Complete IEP Guide – Working For Yourself
- State Specific
- Windows and Mac Compatible
- Included are 20 Nolo’s eBook Library Topics
- Updates Through March 2022
- The Price Is Slightly Higher Than The Basic Version.
- No Digital Delivery
|Revocable Living Trust||√||√|
|Durable Power of Attorney for Finances||√||√|
|Health Care Directive and Living Will||√||√|
|Letter to Survivors||√||√|
|Information for Caregivers and Survivors||√||√|
|General Bill of Sale||√||√|
|Limited Power of Attorney for Finances||√||√|
|Authorization for Care of Minor||√||√|
|Authorization for International Travel with Minor||√||√|
|Authorization for Minor’s Medical Treatment||√||√|
|Child Care Agreement||√||√|
|Child Care Instructions||√||√|
|Elder Care Agreement||√||√|
|Pet Care Agreement||√||√|
|Affidavit of Domicile||√||√|
|General Notice of Death||√||√|
|Notice to Creditor of Death||√||√|
|Executor’s (Personal Representative) Checklist||√||√|
|Revocation of Health Care Directive||√||√|
|Security Agreement for Borrowing Money||√||√|
|Notice to Terminate Joint Credit Card Account||√||√|
|Revocation of Power of Attorney||√||√|
|Authorization to Drive a Motor Vehicle||√||√|
|Housekeeping Services Agreement||√||√|
|Request for Birth Certification||√||√|
|Notice to Put Name on Do Not Call List||√||√|
|Subscription to Membership Cancellation Form||√|
|Employee Death Benefits Letter||√||√|
|Executor’s Letter to Financial Institutions||√||√|
Quicken WillMaker & Trust Review 2022
Understanding Living Trusts – Your Road to Avoiding Probate
5 Legal Documents Everyone Should Have – Do You?
Thank you for stopping by. I hope in reading Quicken WillMaker & Trust Basic vs Premium (2021) you have become better informed before making a purchasing decision.
With all products, features can change, so before purchasing, be sure the features that attracted you to the product are still the same.
What has your experience been with creating legal documents either by yourself or with a third party? Please comment below.