In a previous post, I discussed important legal documents everyone should have. Sometimes it can get overwhelming with the choices given when looking for a document program. In this article, we’ll take a look at which computer software program will better fit your needs – Nolo Quicken WillMaker Plus 2020 or Quicken WillMaker & Trust Premium 2020. A few questions to ask yourself are; what documents do you want to create? Do you want to download the program or do you prefer to have a disc that uploads to your computer? Is customer service important to you? By answering these questions and reading this review, you will be well on your way in choosing the right program for you.
Creating your own documents will save you a lot of money compared to hiring an attorney. However, after completing your documents, you might want to consult with an attorney to be sure everything is complete, compliant to your state, and covers your needs.
Please be aware for both of these versions; estate planning documents are not valid in Louisiana, U.S. Territories or Canada.
- Price – Varies depending on system option – see here
- ASIN – B07WG484LW
- 1 GHz or higher and memory minimum 2GB
- Download size 1 GB
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- MacOS 10.11 or higher
- CD-ROM Drive: If installing from disk (download code provided in the box)
- Software: PDF viewer
Three options at different price points: If you purchase this product be sure to choose the version you want – Mac download/PC/MC disc or PC download. It’s imperative to select the right option as returns or refunds are not allowed.
Description: Quicken WillMaker Plus 2020 is Quicken’s basic WillMaker program. However, being the basic line, it does come with quite a few forms which depending on your situation might be all you need.
Includes the ability to create the following documents:
- Revocable Living Trust (individual and shared)
- Health Care Directive
- Durable Power of Attorney for finances
- Final Arrangements
- Letters to Survivors
Contains a quiz to help you decide what documents you need.
Uses an interview format that lets you complete documents at your own pace.
Free legal updates will keep your program current through 2020.
Tech support is available.
One free ebook is included – Special Needs Trusts that shows you how to provide for a loved one with a disability — without jeopardizing government benefits.
- There have been some reviews stating dissatisfaction with the customer service and tech support given.
- Depending on your needs it might not have all the forms you need.
- No returns or refunds – but this is pretty standard with computer software.
- Great price point
- Easy to use
- Good product for the price
- Price: See here
- ASIN: B07GF7LHVH
- 2GHZ memory and 2GB HD
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Mac OS 10.11 and higher
- Comes with a CD and Download Keycard
Description: Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2020 Premium comes with a lot of bells and whistles. Though a little more expensive than Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2020, in my opinion, it is well worth the price if you need more extensive documents.
- Comes with a lot of documents and you may be in a place in life where they don’t pertain to you and thus would be overkill.
- The price is higher than the basic program.
- No digital delivery
- State Specific.
- Many more documents.
- Included is an array of Nolo’s eBook Library topics.
- Updates through 2020.
- If unopened/unused product is returnable
What has your experience been with creating legal documents either by yourself or with a third party? Comment below.