Have you been dealing with knee pain? Maybe from arthritis or perhaps from playing sports. 5 Knee Braces for Arthritis explores five different types of knee braces for arthritis: unloading, sleeve, support, heat, and cold.
Since there are different types of knee braces before using one check with your doctor to find the right model for you, maybe you need a compression brace or perhaps one that unloads. This article should not be used as an alternative to medical advice and seeing your doctor.
As usual, when I do a review or comparison, I only do so with products that have gotten four-plus stars at the time of writing. These ratings may have changed since writing, so if ratings are important to you, be sure to check them before purchasing. You can find the ratings at the price link provided.
If you believe you have or want to learn more about arthritis, I wrote two articles you might be interested in, About Arthritis and Rheumatism, and the other is Osteoarthritis vs. Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Support and comfort from pain caused by Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Compression knit massages the soft tissue during movement
- 3D braiding provides a heating effect.
- Keeps the leg at body temperature to reduce stiffness.
- Lightweight sleeve
- Breathable materials
- Nine sizes available
- For daily use, it is suggested to select a larger size.
- For a tight fit, it is suggested to select one size smaller.
- Hand washable/air dry.
- 70% Nylon, 20% Spandex, 10% Latex
- The company is located in Florida.
- ASIN: B07T3P64QJ
- Wide variety of sizes
- Heating effect
- Customers reported issues of the brace not staying in place and rolling down.
- Some reported trouble with sizing.
- The 30-day return policy is rather short.
- Must be in the same condition as when received.
- Must have original packaging.
- Reports to relieve pain from Arthritis, ACL, LCL, MCL, Meniscus Tear, and Tendonitis.
- Open Patella (opening at knee cap)
- Dual Stabilizers
- Non-Slip Comfort Neoprene
- Adjustable Bi-Directional Straps
- Moisture Wicking
- ASIN – B07B6859V4
4 Sizes at Different Prices – Be sure to choose the correct size – sizing chart available by clicking here – located on the left side.
- Sizes for larger leg size available
- Good customer service
- Alternating hook and loop straps applies even support and compression
- 30-day satisfaction warranty.
- Some reports of trouble with the velcro not sticking.
- Used for arthritis pain, osteoarthritis, tendonitis, ACL, athletic injury, meniscus, and patella surgery.
- Used to reduce swelling, pain, and inflammation.
- Includes three gel packs that can be frozen or microwaved.
- Two gel pockets are on the front and one in the back.
- Four adjustable straps.
- Fits knee circumference of up to 21”.
- For both men and women.
- It can be worn on either knee.
- Machine Washable/ air dry
- Company located in Florida.
- ASIN: B079JX3J4W
- Hot or cold therapy
- 60-day guarantee
- Machine washable
- Customer service responsive
- 800 number available 9:00 am – 6:pm EST
- Complaints of gel packs leaking.
- Complaints of gel packs not being cold enough.
- 2 in 1 Knee Wrap with heating and massage
- Use heat and massage at the same time or separate
- Rechargeable batteries included
- 3-level heating and vibration settings
- Used to relieve pain associated with arthritis, meniscus, osteoarthritis, bursitis, ACL, PCL, MCL tear, as well as muscular aches and joint pain.
- Wipe clean
- One size fits all
- Men and women
- Company located in China
- ASIN: B07Y66522B
- Heat and massage
- Rechargeable batteries – lasts 4-6 hours
- 30-day return for full refund or exchange
- 90-day money-back guarantee about quality issues
- One year warranty
- Phone and e-mail support
- Some find the massage function not powerful enough
- Others found the massage function rough
- Medial or Lateral – Right or Left (choose correctly)
- Support for arthritis pain, osteoarthritis, cartilage defect repair, Avascular Necrosis, meniscal cartilage derangement, articular cartilage repair, and tibial plateau fracture.
- It helps to support the knee joint and share the loading of the affected joint.
- One size fits most users – has various adjustments.
- Condyle pads for increased comfort.
- Optional flexion/extension stops for controlling the range of motion.
- Available in both medial and lateral, so be sure you choose the right option for your needs.
- If you want a brace that you can wear during sports, this is not the one for you.
- The company is located in California.
- ASIN: B0814MLQCG
- Provides good support.
- Good customer service.
- Some issues reported with the fasteners/buckles popping apart.
- Not for use when playing sports. If you are looking for that, this is not the brace you want.
I hope in reading, 5 Knee Braces for Arthritis, you have been able to find the type of brace that would be beneficial to you. Don’t forget this article should not be used as an alternative to medical advice and seeing your doctor.
Do you have any experience in using knee braces for arthritis? I would love to read what they were. Please comment below.5 Knee Braces for Arthritis5 Knee Braces for Arthritis