You’ve taken the plunge and decided to purchase a portable car battery jump starter. But now you’re plagued with so many options you don’t know which one you like. In 5 Best Portable Car Battery Jump Starters, I go through the features, as well as, the pros and cons of these 5 jump starters. At the end of the article, there is a comparison chart to help you with your purchasing decision.
In my previous article, Car Battery Jump Starter, I go over some things you want to keep in mind in choosing your jump starter.
What I’ve found also is that Lithium jump starters are not rated in the same way as traditional automotive batteries, so there is no cold-cranking amp number to provide that would be helpful. For that reason, those types of jump starters at times use the size of the engine they can start based on average conditions. If mAh is given, it is provided in the review.
As with all my reviews, at the time of writing, I only look at those products that have at least a 4+ star rating. Please also know that ratings can change, as can features, over time, so be sure to click the links to check the ratings before purchasing.
If you want just a quick glance here are the links to the jump starters discussed in more detail below. A more in-depth easy to read comparison table is included at the bottom of this post.
Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus
|1000 Peak Amp||CURRENT PRICE|
|1200 Peak Amps/18000 mAh||CURRENT PRICE|
Kinverch Portable Power Station Jump Starter
|1500 Peak Amps||CURRENT PRICE|
Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC 660
|1700 Peak Amps; 425 Cranking Amps||CURRENT PRICE|
Gooloo Upgraded 2000A Peak SuperSafe Car Jump Starter
|2000 Peak Amps/19,800 mAh||CURRENT PRICE|
- Available in 3 versions, so be sure to choose the one that suits your needs.
- 1000 Peak Amp
- Air Compressor
- Lithium Battery
- 2 USB Ports for charging cell phones, cameras, Bluetooth headsets, portable GPS units, and more.
- 1 Laptop Port – 12, 16, and 19v charge port
- Flashlight with Steady, Strobe, and SOS mode.
- Intelliboost Technology – ensures power only flows when it is safe to do so.
- Up to 7.0L Gas or 3.5 L Diesel Engine
- Cars, Trucks, Vans, Boats, Dirt Bikes, ATV, UTV, and Street Bikes.
- Reports of battery overheating
- 1000 Peak Amps is not a lot
- Some customers complained of the device not working after a short time.
- Small size and lightweight
- Great customer service
- Air Compressor as an added feature
- 1-year warranty
- 1200 Peak Amps/18000 mAh
- Dual USB Ports – charge phones, tablets, GPS, cameras, kindles, and other devices.
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter included.
- Flashlight with Steahy, Flashing Strobe, and SOS
- 8 built-in protections
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Over-Discharge Protection
- Reverse Charge Protection
- Over Charge Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
- ASIN: B07VHH6YHV
- Up to 7.5L Gas/ 5.5L Diesel
- Autos, Vans, Trucks, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, ATV, UTV, Lawn Mowers, Boats.
- No reviews of customer service.
- A lot of safety features.
- Light Weight
- So far, ratings are excellent.
- 30-day return window
- 12-month warranty
- Lifetime technical support.
- 1500 Peak Amps
- 750 Instant Amps with 300W Inverter
- 150 PSI Air Compressor – inflate a tire in 6-8 minutes
- One USB Port
- Two AC Charging Ports charge phone, kindle, fans, car vacuum
- ASIN: B07KS4YQCD
- Cars, trucks, SUV, motorcycles, boats, RV, ATV, or tractor.
- A few complaints about the owner’s manual.
- Though good reviews, there is no phone number or website. The storefront is International Powers. There is a customer service e-mail address given.
- Two-in-one Jumper and Compressor
- 30-day return policy
- 18 mths warranty
- 1700 Peak Amps; 425 Cranking Amps
- DC Outlet to power
- Built-In Automatic Charger
- Cable Length – 46″
- ASIN B000JFJLP6
All Passenger Vehicles and Light Commercial Vehicles
- Some customers were upset about having to pay shipping when returning for repair – being 18 pounds; it can be costly.
- No returns after 30 days.
- Eighteen pounds may be cumbersome for some people.
- No added features, but if all you’re looking for is a jump starter, then this might be a good choice for you.
- California Residents: Proposition 65 warning
- 25 years in business
- 1700 Peak Amps, which is enough for light commercial vehicles.
- Easy to find contact information
- 1-year warranty
- 2000 Peak Amps
- 19,800 mAh
- Dual USB Ports for charging smartphones, tablets, cameras, GPS, camcorders, Bluetooth headphones, and more.
- 8 safety protections
- Overcurrent Protection
- Overload Protection
- Overvoltage Protection
- Overcharge Protection
- Over-discharge Protection
- High-Temperature Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Reverse Connection Protection
- Flashlight with Solid, Strobe, and SOS
- ASIN: B07BLM981K
- Cars, Motorcycles, RV, tractor, light-duty trucks, mower, cargo vans, ATVs, snowmobiles, oil boat, and yachting.
- Unable to find a phone number for customer service, however, did email the company and did receive a prompt reply.
- Suggest recharging every month compared to 3-4 months of competitors
- A large number of Peak Amps
- A lot of Safety Features
- 12 months
- 30-day money back
|Features||Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus||Grepro||Kinverch Portable Power Station||Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660||GooLoo Upgraded 2000A|
|Voltage||1000 Peak Amps||1200 Peak Amps||1500 Peak Amps||1700 Peak Amps||4000 Peak Amps|
|Peak Amp/Crank Amp Or Engine Size||Up To 7.0L Gas or 3.5L Diesel||1200 Peak Amps/18000 mAh|
750 Instant Amps With 3002 Inverter
|1,700 Peak Amps With 425 Cranking Amps||2000 Peak Amps/19,800 mAh |
Up to 10L Gas Or 7 L Diesel Engine
|Battery Type||Lithium||Lithium Polymer||Lead Acid||Clore Performer||Lithium Polymer|
|Recharge||3-4 Months||Every 3 Months||2 Months||---||Every Month|
|LED Light||Flashlight With SOS & Strobe||Flashlight With SOS & Strobe||Yes||None||Flashlight With SOS & Strobe|
|Air Compressor||Yes 150Psi||No||Yes 150Psi||No||No|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||18 Months||1 Year||12 Months|
|Ues||Cars, Trucks, Vans, Boats, Dirt Bikes, ATV, UTV, Street Bikes,||Cars, Vans, Trucks, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, ATV, UTV, Lawn Mowers, Boats||Cars, Trucks, SUV, Motorcycles, Boats, RV, ATV||Cars & Light Commercial||Cars, Motorcycles, RV, Tractor, Light-Duty Trucks, Mowers, Cargo Vans, ATVs, Snowmobiles, Oil Boat, Yachting|
|Weight||4.32 Pounds||2.53 Pounds||18.07 Pounds||18 Pounds||1.39 Pounds|
|Deminsions||6.3 X 2.9 X 1.3 Inches||21.5 X 10.4 X 9.7 Inches||12 X 8 X 9.4 Inches||16.3 X 14.1 X 5.1 Inches||9 x 3.9 x 1.3 Inches|
|PRICE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
Do you have any experience with portable battery jump starters – bad or good? Please comment below.