Have home burglaries, car break-ins or theft of packages left on porches have you thinking about purchasing a security camera system? Perhaps, you’ve been thinking of adding an outdoor security camera just to have an added sense of security. Is that person on your property there for a delivery or something more menacing? Would you like to know who is at your door before opening it? In myBlink XT2 Security Camera – Review, I reveal if this security camera is just what you’re looking for.
Years ago, my home was broken into – this was before the use of in-home security cameras. I wonder if in-home security had been readily available, would it have made a difference not only in helping identify who had invaded my space but maybe more importantly, would it have given me a greater sense of security afterward.
When thinking about purchasing a security camera, you’ll want to consider a few things such as how many cameras do you want, do you want a system that is outside or inside or both, wired or wireless?. These are some things this post will address to help you decide if the Blink XT2 is the security camera for you.
- 2nd generation – 2019 Release
- The Blink XT2 can be mounted (included) inside or outside.
- 2-way audio using a smartphone or tablet. Requirements – iOS 10.3, Android 5.0, or Fire OS 5.1
- Connects via WiFi – at least an upload speed of 2 Mbps is needed.
- Easy setup – For most professional installation is not needed.
- Free cloud storage.
- Has infrared HD night vision for use after dark.
- The option of purchasing multiple cameras.
- Motion detection is customizable to your needs. If you don’t want the camera to alert you to cars on the street, it has zones and sensitivity settings that you can that help alleviate unnecessary alerts of movement.
- No monthly fee or service contract.
- It is powered by 2 AA 1.5V lithium batteries – non-rechargeable. Though it is stated that batteries last up to 2 years, it is dependent on the type of use.
- Wireless so no hard-wiring is required.
- Works with Alexa.
- 1-year limited warranty and service included. The use of Blink cameras is subject to the terms found here.
I wrote a comparison review of the Blink XT2 and the Ring Security Camera to determine which is the best security camera between the two. Go ahead and have a look at the Blink XT2 vs Ring Spotlight post.
Overall the Blink XT2 Security Camera is a good buy. Though there are issues related to the slow triggering of video and distance issues, they seemed to have resolved much of these issues with the 2nd generation that was released in 2019. It’s easy to set up and is wireless, which is a plus to me. Also, not having to pay an extra fee for monitoring or signing a contract is something I find appealing.
If you have any stories to tell about your home security, please share it in the comment section.