Blink v Ring Security Camera (2021 Review&Comparison Guide), compares each product and helps you determine which is the best security camera for your home.
Have you been thinking of investing in a security camera for your home? Maybe you have heard of the increasing amount of package thefts; perhaps you would like to see who is at your door before answering, perhaps tightening up in-home safety, maybe something as simple as knowing when a package is delivered, or something more menacing. All of these are valid reasons for investing in a home security camera.
There is a product comparison table at the end that allows you to see the similarities and differences between these Blink and Ring products.
- Color – Black
- 3rd Generation – Released 2020
- 110° Diagonal Field of View
- Can Be Used Outdoor and Indoor
- Customizable Motion Zones
- Easy Setup – For Most, Professional Installation Is Not Needed
- Image Resolution Up to 1080p
- Infrared Night Vision
- Live View
- Motion Detection
- Multiple Camera Purchase Options
- Operating Temperature: -4 to 113° F
- Store Video Clips in the Cloud with Subscription Plan
- Store back-up with USB Drive (not included) No Subscription Needed
- Two-Year Battery Life
- Two-Way Audio
- Works With Alexa
- Arm and Disarm Your Camera
- Be Alerted to Motion
- Play Recorded Clips
- Stream Live Video
- High-Speed Internet Connection – Such As Broadband, Fiber, or DSL
- Wifi Network: 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n
- The Blink system does require power and a WiFi/Internet connection to operate.
- Smart Phone – iOS 10.3, Android 5.0, or Fire OS 5.1
- Included in the box:
- Blink Outdoor camera (dependent on the quantity selected)
- Sync Module 2
- 2- 1.5V non-rechargeable AA lithium metal batteries (per camera)
- Mounting Kit (per camera)
- USB cable
- Power Adapter
- Good price point
- Storage Options
- Free Cloud Storage Ends December 31.2020
- Not Compatible With 5ghz Wifi Networks
- Can Take 10 Seconds To Activate
- Two camera kit – choices 1-3 camera choices are available at different prices
- Connection at 2.4 GHz
- Requires a minimum upload speed of 1Mbps, but 2 Mbps is recommended for optimal performance.
- Two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Get alerts and talk through phone, tablet, and PC
- Live view
- Up to 1080p HD Video
- Works with Alexa
- Comes with and without echo dot (additional cost)
- Rechargeable battery pack
- Able to add 2nd battery pack for additional price
- Solar panel optional for additional price
- Day and Night
- Infrared HD night vision
- Motion-activated LED Spotlights
- Siren Alarm – activate from phone, tablet, and PC.
- Average Install – 5-10 minutes
- Field of view – 140 degrees horizontal/79 degrees vertical
- Add-on plan for professional monitoring
- Available colors – White and Black
- Lifetime Theft Protection
- If the camera gets stolen – replaced for free.
- 1-year limited warranty and service
- 30-day return policy
- Customer service available – phone/chat
- Included in the box:
- Spotlight Cam Battery
- Mounting Base
- Quick-Release Battery Pack
- Installation Tools and Screws
- USB Charging Cable
- User Manual,
- Security Sticker
- Can purchase multiple cameras
- Motion-activated Spotlights
- Professional monitoring available for additional price
- Lifetime theft protection
- Reported low battery life, but this can be alleviated with a solar panel available at an additional charge.
- No cloud storage
- Some report difficulty with the camera monitoring distance and view angle.
- The price point is higher than other systems.
|Features||Blink 3rd Generation Security Camera||Ring Spotlight Cam Battery Security Camera|
|Number of Cameras||1, 2, 3, and 5 Options||1-3 Options|
|Color||Black||Black or White|
|Live View||Yes 1080p HD Video||Yes 1080p HD Video|
|Compatible With Alexa||Yes||Yes|
|Customizable Motion Recording||Yes||Yes|
|Day & Night||Yes||Yes|
|Motion Activated Spotlights||No||Yes|
|Field of View||110 Degrees Diagonal||140 Degrees Horizontal|
78 Degrees Vertical
|Professional Monitoring||No||Available With Extra Cost|
|Warranty||1-Year Limited||1-Year Limited|
|Lifetime Theft Protection||No||Yes|
|Price||Click Here For Price||Click Here For Price|
If you’ve been thinking about purchasing a security camera, whether to increase in-home safety or for simple peace of mind, Both the Blink 3rd Generation and Ring Spotlight are great choices. For a single review of the new Blink 3rd Generation Security Camera or the Ring Spotlight, you can read those posts here- Blink 3rd Generation Security Camera and Ring Spotlight Cam Review.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at Blink v Ring Security Camera (2021 Comparison Guide). With all products, features can change, so be sure the features that attracted you to the product are still the same before purchasing.
Have you had any experiences with security cameras or have had an incident that you wish you had? Blink vs Ring what is your opinion? Please comment below.